Review of the Green Tortoise Hostel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
January 22nd 2008
Published: March 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

My friend Michael Sulock and I took a weekend trip out to Seattle to see the sites and go to my friend Mike Daisey's show Monopoly at the Capital Hills Arts Center. This blog entry is more a review of the Hostel we stayed at then a synopsis of events of that weekend, which were a blast at Pike's Market and the Aquarium and the theater.

The Green Tortoise Hostel is located on Pike Street between first and second avenue. It's location is optimum for anyone who wants to be near the water and the market as it is a two block walk down a hill and into the market place. The hostel was extremely clean, had a free continental breakfast every morning and an actual dinner three times a week. Now Seattle has a lot of stuff to do and if you aren't familiar with the area it can be a little intimidating trying to find your way around. The location is fine if you want to just stay around the Market Place and watch people chant and throw fish willy nilly (which I recommend you do for at least a little while), but if you want to find what else Seattle has to offer the Green Tortoise Hostel offers free hand outs with directions and distances to some cool low cost activities through out the city and surrounding area. Not to mention that in the evening they offer to take residents to all kinds of activities whether it be the local bar crawl or karaoke night down town. The beddings are comfortable and the living areas clean and filled with board games and antique old time pinball machines. The staff was nice, helpful, and considerate. If you ever just traveling through Seattle, I highly recommend the Green Tortoise Hostel.

If you are looking for more awesome and grand photos of our trip, you can check them out at Michael Sulocks page (he is really impressive with a camera):



here
The Seattle Aquarium
the trip there and the horrible weather
the trip home (there is a great shot of Butte Montana in this one!)
Tour of the Seattle Underground (our tour guide was Norm McDonald)
Last batch of pictures (nice picture of Pike's Market)


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Now that's graffitiNow that's graffiti
Now that's graffiti

Cool Mural at a Comic Store in Seattle.


14th March 2008

no again
I am SO glad you got rid of your mustache before you came to visit us! Did you get to go to the Space Needle while you were there? or the Music Experience?

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb