Loren's new house: a boat on Lake Union


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
September 1st 2006
Published: December 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

My initial plans had been to buzz over to Loren's place in the prosperous hamlet of the USofA's Pacific Northwest, Seattle, then travel down the reputedly gorgeous Oregan coastline and meet up with Sofie in San Frantabulous. Well, as time went by, it just didn't seem fair and right (or proper) to have the lady travel all that way on her own (esp. given that we'd already semi-agreed that I would also travel a bit further on my own after her ca. 4 months was up.....)

So, I arrange a quick sojourn for a week or so to take in Seattle and with luck, a bit of Vancouver in BC too. Then, madly, I return for a week or so with the folks back in England before starting the Big Trip (back in the US). So theoretically, my 'Voyage Through the Americas' kind of starts here I suppose.

Loren and I were work buddies at Philips in Eindhoven, Holland. Not content with merely spending time at work together (ok, we weren't actually in the same office), we made things even cosier by moving in with each other.....ok, he bought a house and I lodged for over a year in one of the many spare rooms....

The house itself was a neat abode, and scene of the occasional party: (pic too follow!)

So, when Mr Hobbs - a native of Tacoma, WA - decides to move back home to recapture his youth and roots, does he move back in with mommy? No way Jose.....he grabs himself one of them there fancy house-boats so he does on Lake Union. Who does he think he is, Tom Hanks, Kelsey Grammar?!:




Ahoy Captain Hobbs!





Cool views from the top, and at night too:





Undesigned but interesting night-time effect...



The cheesy grin indicates a degree of satisfaction with his lot!



The moorings are pretty neat too......





.....with 'boats' going from the odd to the bizarre





Loren's old mate ...er, Joe? need to check my data here....Loren maybe u can comment?!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb