Seattle by bike


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
October 12th 2006
Published: November 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Seattle Space NeedleSeattle Space NeedleSeattle Space Needle

Looking up at the space needle. Note the media helicopter making circles around the tower, filming some guy in a bunny suit with a flag. Apparantly a protester of some kind.
Next morning…..everything was as normal, the car was there along with all the windows and luggage. I parked in a day park and we cruised around the city on bikes!!! Best way by far! We took a tour underground to learn about the history of Seattle. Did you know the land Seattle sits on, is tons of sawdust?? So downtown is slowly sinking! What were they thinking? Anyway I learned that the Seattle people love to take the piss out of themselves besides other interesting facts about the city.
We then checked out the space needle tower and saw a protester in some kind of bird suit waving a flag at the top of the tower, with the media hovering overhead nearby. Some kind of farming protest I think. Interesting.
We cruised around some of the local parks where everyone is running their dog or baby. We managed to find ole Jimmy Hendrix posing in stone on the footpath also.
Seattle is maybe a little bit like San Francisco. It has steep streets leading down to the waterfront. I mean you could cook your clutch driving up the hills in rush hour traffic!
Finally checked into the hotel. Shawwwing. Definitely this is in the budget! It had a hot tub and heated pool and gym. So a good sleep for a change. I had not had one in about 5 days.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Seattle LibrarySeattle Library
Seattle Library

Funny, they keep books in a glasshouse! Anyway you gotta feel sorry for the window cleaners. Can you spot them in the photo???
Pavement GlassPavement Glass
Pavement Glass

This is glass in the pavement which looks down below to the underground rooms in Seattle. Trouble is the glass is tinted so you can't really see down, but it does let light into the room below.
Ole Jimmy HendrixOle Jimmy Hendrix
Ole Jimmy Hendrix

A stone version of the guitar man himself on a random Seattle street.


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb