Day 25: Hard to Cram More In.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
September 9th 2019
Published: September 10th 2019
Edit Blog Post

A relatively early start because there is a lot we'd like to squeeze in to the day. Our initial stop is the Pike Place Market. This is very touristy but it has been done very well. There are fresh flowers, arts, crafts and numerous other retail outlets including a number of magic shops. There is also fresh produce including meat and fish. One of the fish mongers makes a big deal when someone buys a salmon by hurling the fish from the display area to the wrapper about 10 feet back. It draws a big crowd and everyone has their cameras ready to roll in anticipation.
We also got breakfast here at a great little shop that had amazing food. The selection was so good I changed my mind 3 times while I was waiting in the line to be served.
After the market we headed to MoPOP which is the Museum of Pop Culture. It's an amazing building full of great pop-culture exhibits. Musically Prince, Pearl Jam, Jimi Hendrix and Nirvana all had dedicated exhibits. There was lots of SciFi and Fantasy exhibits as well. We spent about 2 hours here before returning to the hotel briefly on our way to the Museum of Flight. This was about a 15km ride from where we were and was a compromise on the Boeing Aircraft Tour we wanted to do but couldn't fit in. In itself it was a great Museum but we didn't have anywhere near the amount of time we would have liked to explore. It did have notable planes such as the "City of Everett" which was the first 747 ever built. There was an old "Aircraft One" as well as numerous other examples of planes across 120 years. The museum closed at 5pm and as we met back in the foyer the rain was pouring down. Luckily our bikes were chained up under cover but we had to wait the rain out for about 20 minutes before starting back.
We've decided to go back to Pike Place for dinner. There were lots of places to chose from that all had great looking menus. Too bad we can only try one. We could have definitely used another day or three in Seattle just to appreciate more of what we saw as well as all the things we didn't.
We need to be on an 8am ferry tomorrow morning that will take us to Vancouver Island, so it wont be a late night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb