A Suite Deal


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday morning arrived, and we were ready to start our Alaska adventure. We originally booked a mini-suite on the Sapphire Princess for the 7 day cruise. A week before we sailed, I received a phone call at work, asking if we would mind being upgraded to a full suite on the ship. After making sure this was not a crank call, I heartily agreed to take them up on the offer.

We were looking forward to a little more space to spread out. What we didn’t realize was that full suites come with a few more amenities. Within 30 minutes of boarding the ship, we were welcomed with fresh flowers, Champaign, chocolate covered strawberries, canapés, and a bowl of fresh fruit. Each time there as a knock on the cabin door, there was a new treat waiting. Not a bad way to start the trip.

The ship embarked at 4:00 PM and we left Seattle’s beautiful skyline in the distance.

We chose anytime dining for the dinners on board. This nice option allows us to dine when want and at a variety of restaurants on board. After a weekend of Seattle’s great seafood, we both chose to have a little beef added to our diet. So, it was prime rib for us.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Lots of room on the balconyLots of room on the balcony
Lots of room on the balcony

The balcony of the suite was extra wide ith room for a table, four chairs and two lounges. Sailing in style.
Holland AmericaHolland America
Holland America

This ship followed us throughout the voyage.


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb