Cheese on the Menu


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Some folks think seeing the world from a gi-normous cruise ship is a bit tacky. I don’t know about tacky, but some of it IS a bit cheesy. A lot of fun, none the less. It’s not quite the “Love Boat” cheesy, but you can’t help but smile at the nightly “extravaganza of song and dance” held at the ships theater… or the “special deal” of three wine bottles in a box for $165. It included a rare 2010 Mondovi cabernet, which I swore I saw selling at BevMo for 5.99. At least they weren’t pawning off a bottle of two buck Chuck.

After Sunday night’s dinner, I ordered an espresso and was immediately offered the deluxe $30. coffee card. I passed on it, as I don’t expect to drink 30 cups of coffee from here to Skagway. And don’t get me started on the incredible deals on jewelry, which by the way are tax and duty free.

Lani, being the scrapbooker extraordinaire, cannot pass up a photo opportunity. The opportunities abound on a cruise ship. From the moment you step on the gang plank you are recording your trip standing front of an old time steamer, or a giant moose, or standing next to Mick and Molly, the lumberjack kids. If you would like to see all of our pictures, just ask Lani….. she buys ‘em all.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Lots and Lots of Jewelry for SaleLots and Lots of Jewelry for Sale
Lots and Lots of Jewelry for Sale

Looking for bargains? Not on this ship!
Guaranteed No  WrinklesGuaranteed No  Wrinkles
Guaranteed No Wrinkles

This guy as hawking his magical cosmetic line eery day. He looks as pretty in person as in his photos.


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb