My Favorite Bakery and Other Pike Market Favorites


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle » Bell Town
June 15th 2022
Published: June 15th 2022
Edit Blog Post

From Mashed (MSN)

Shopping can be exhausting, and nothing recharges you faster than a buttery pastry with a heavenly cup of coffee. Le Panier serves authentic French pâtisserie, fresh bread, and offerings like sandwiches and feuilletés, which are puff pastries with savory fillings like cheese, chicken, vegetables, or mushrooms. Don't let long lines deter you — Le Panier is busy because it's one of the best bakeries in Seattle.

Every offering at Le Panier is made using traditional French techniques, no surprise since their pastry chef and co-owner is French. Anything you try will be delicious, but Tripadvisor users rave about the croissants, with one noting that she loved the almond croissants so much that she practically gains weight just thinking about them. Indeed, choosing between chocolate, almond, raspberry, or the classic flaky butter croissant is the hardest part. Hey, maybe get some to go!

Even seasoned home bakers might flinch at the prospect of homemade croissants. The process is notoriously involved, and timing is critical. Getting fresh croissants from the oven at Le Panier might be the easy way out, but there's no contest when the easy way out is that delicious. Having enjoyed French pastries all over the world, Le Panier is the BEST!!!!

And cheese:



Beecher's has been selling delicious homemade cheese at Pike Place Market since 2003, and their signature award-winning Flagship cheese brings customers in droves. This cow's milk cheddar is superb any way you slice it, but Beecher's "World's Best" mac and cheese make it shine. To put the cherry on the proverbial sundae, Beecher's offers mac and cheese lovers options: The original mac and cheese is creamy perfection, but you can also get it with broccoli or smoked Flagship cheese. Try salmon-topped mac or order "Mariachi" mac and cheese with Anaheim chiles and vegetables if you want to kick it up a notch. They even make a gluten-free version to meet all dietary needs.

Of course, you can also try soup, paninis, grilled cheese, or buy ingredients for a cheese board while you're there. Or, you know, buy a ton of cheese to take home. Beecher's is always willing to share the cheesiest recipes for your own culinary desires, so having lunch while touring the market and making cheese-based yummies at home is a win-win.


And sausage:
Anyone that loves sausage needs to grab lunch at Uli's Famous Sausage. Uli's has been making fresh sausage every day for more than 40 years, and after one bite, you'll know why Uli's is a favorite at Pike Place Market. Reddit users on r/Seattle say that Uli's sausages are "some bomb sausages," and Facebook fans urge us to, "Grab a beer, order some food, and enjoy life a little bit" at Uli's.

While you can get the sausage to cook at home and the deli counter offers plenty of options, dining in is perfect for a shopping break at the market. Uli's offers a build-your-own sandwich or offers sausage on a bed of sauerkraut, so you get everything you like. First, choose which kind of sausage "floats your boat" — bratwurst, kielbasa, hot Italian, or chicken sausage (also, the apple chicken sausage, wow!) Add toppings like sauerkraut or onions, raw or grilled, if you want a sandwich. Top it off with Uli's Famous curry ketchup, or stick with mayo, plain ketchup, or mustard — they serve yellow, Dijon, and stone ground. Round it out with crispy seasoned fries, and you have a classic Pike Place lunch.

You might think we visit Seattle just for the food. Well, you would be correct. We love the fresh seafood, bakeries, specialty shops, and the general northwest style of cuisine. It differs from California cuisine, since it is heartier, with larger portions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb