Leaving West Coast


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We stayed two nights in the Redwood Forest NP area. The park was along a salmon river but we did not see any salmon. If it was clear, we could have looked for whales off the coast but all the overlooks were clouded in as the vapor rose off the Pacific Ocean. Although it did not rain in the Redwoods, it was damp and cool.

We left Monday June 28 for Crater Lake NP. We went into the park which had some parts over 8,000 feet with still lots of snow around the park and lake. We did not want to stay in the cold so we traveled on to just above Portland Oregon on Rt 5.


On Tuesday, we traveled to Pollatch Washington which is about 30 miles north of Olympic Washington on Rt 101 in the Olympic NP area. We stayed at Pollatch State park for three nights. WOW, hot showers.

On Wednesday June 30th we went into the Seattle market area and saw where they throw fish. This is a tourist area and you could spend days seeing the area. We then went to Mt Rainier NP and it was a clear day. It is a beautiful park with a lot of snow and Glaciers. If you like hiking and snow you could spend a week or more here.

They were calling for rain Wednesday night on so it started raining during the night Wednesday. We had been lucky as this is our first rain in 16 days. The days are only in the mid 60’s and nights in the low 40’s. It is July and people are still burning wood to heat their homes.

On Thursday, we visited Olympic NP. It is large and over 300 miles around. We did not go all the way around as it was raining and cloudy. We toured some of the lower areas just past Port Angeles.


It rained all night Thursday and we thought we were going to have to pack everything up but it stopped long enough to pack. Many things are still wet but not as bad as it could have been.

It’s off east now in search of sunshine and warmer weather.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Pike's Fish MarketPike's Fish Market
Pike's Fish Market

Great place to visit
Mt. RainierMt. Rainier
Mt. Rainier

Worth a weeks visit.


6th July 2010

Sounds like great times are being had. I love it. Hope all is well. I LOVE the blog. Thanks for the updates. Love you guys.
7th July 2010

Happy (Late)4th!
Can't believe it is that cold there looks like you have not slowed downed any love the pic's and you both Gloria
7th July 2010

how cool is that
that's guys for sharing this with us. God Bless and Good Travels

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb