Bowling Green, Ohio


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Bowling Green
July 11th 2010
Published: July 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Warmer weather was still long coming. We left the west coast and headed thru Idaho and into Montana. Still 50’s during the day and 40’s at night.

We went to Glacier NP, the pass road was being repaired so many places were single lane and foggy. This was also a great park.


We went to Yellowstone on July 4th. We set up camp in Norris Camping area. We were the only tent which seemed strange. They had bear signs around and two Grizzly bears had been visiting the park all day. So on July 2nd they had captured the male and sent him off and the female had left. July 4th was the first night they had allowed tents back into the camping area.


We went to Old Faithful and it was nice but a lot of tourists.

We had put a tarp over the tent to help keep the wind out as the days were still Mid 50’s and nights low 30’s. So besides the cold, I had to stay awake and listen for bears. Carol slept and I held onto the bear spray and listened.

The night of July 5th it was raining all Night. It stopped so we went out to use the bathroom about 2am. It had stopped raining but it was now snowing heavy wet flakes, IN JULY! When we went back into the tent it and it halfway collapsed due to the weight of the tarp and snow. So we gathered all the blankets and went to the car for the rest of the night.

We then went to Grand Teton NP, on to Mt Rushmore and the Badlands. On July 10th we arrived at my Parents in Bowling Green Ohio.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Road TunnelRoad Tunnel
Road Tunnel

Outside Mt Rushmore


11th July 2010

No Lions, or Tigers, But Bears, Oh My!
Glad you didn't have a close encounter of the grizzly kind! Snow in July? Guess that's why we live in the South. If you check this before you leave, tell your parents I said hello!
11th July 2010

Did Carol Forget Her Gun!
Bear and Elk , guess you guys had had a good dinner , yuh! Heading back tothe warm country now. thanks for th pic's . i love them, Have fun Love ya

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb