Beach, Sunset and a Kite


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Long Beach
September 21st 2017
Published: September 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Blog 09-21-17 Beach, Sunset and a Kite

It was long overdue, I had to get my hair done. So I made an appt for 9:30 this morning at a local beauty parlor and they worked wonders. I have been hiding under a hat for a few weeks now so it's time to uncover. They did a great job and I feel like a new person.

When I got back to the camper Ginnie had done wash and cleaned and the place looked wonderful. We finished cleaning and sat outside for a while discussing the remainder of the day. There were brief sprinkles every now and then, then the sun would come out and look gorgeous. The temp was low 60s but in the sun felt really warm.

We had lunch then packed the kids into the car to take them to Cape Disappointment just a few miles from the campground. We walked to the Light House which is one of just a few still operating on the Pacific coast. Then we wanted to go to the Interpretative Center but we would have to leave the dogs in the car and we didn't want to do that so we decided to take them to the beach area for a little run. That had a fee to get in so we decided to take them to our beach for free. Camp Disappointment lived up to it's name.

After we fed the dogs we had happy hour and then decided to leave the dogs in the camper and walk to the beach for sunset. There was an 8 yr old boy trying to fly a kite with his mom who was taking pictures but offering no help. Ginnie couldn't stand it so she jumped right in. No time lapsed before the kite was flying and the little boy was joyfully running down the beach. There were a few stops and starts but he was getting the hang of it. Ginnie did a great job!

We watched sunset with the waves breaking and headed back before it got too dark.

It was a fun day especially for Ginnie....


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb