Spring Break 2016


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Williamsburg
March 26th 2016
Published: March 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Saturday March 26,2016

===================

Saturday morning- I awoke around 9:15 am,took a hot shower and dressed for the day. Looked out the window and saw that the sky was cloudy&overcast. Around 11:15- everyone got into the car and went towards Jamestown/Williamsburg Ferry towards Surrey,VA. Arrived in Surrey about 1 hour later and saw black cows,cotton fields and farmland. A very different area down here in the south! Drove through Surrey,Franklin and Cortland Virginia where we met interesting characters. Stopped by the small sleepy town of Franklin first to have lunch at "Fred's"- home cooking and very nice meal had by all. I took a picture of a place called " Senior Center for the Aging "which was a bit quirky in it's own right! After that stop, we all headed off to Cortland to visit the "Agricultural,Forest and Heritage Village & Museum. Amazing and wonderful! 😊 Gilbert B. was our guide who knew everything there was about agriculture and farming. Gilbert showed us all around the tiny heritage village of "yesterday." Awesome day! We arrived back home to Williamsburg,VA around 6:30 pm and went over to the Country Club to have some pizza. A good dinner and time to go to bed- returned home to read a bit and then went to sleep. Good-Night -- "You all come back now-you hear!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0943s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb