Day 12


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Williamsburg
September 19th 2008
Published: September 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Before l go onto todays blog l must offer an apologise. I have it on higher authority (thats Nancy) that what l described yesterday as a possum was actually a raccoo. Now l can't say for sure whether his name was Rocky. Now l sure you would agree that there aint much difference between a possum and a raccoon - but what l know.

Anyway today Tuesday has turned out to be a wet day - but still hot and sticky. Today we went clear across the state and travelled on US13 road which took us on the longest Bridge/Tunnel system www.cbbt.com) in the world. This crosses Chesapeake Bay to the Delmarva Pensinsula - so called because its shared by Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. Across the bridge we find not a lot, apart from lots and lots of Wildlife reserves - which are right up Nancy's street. Unfortunately we were not able to explore as much as we wanted but the Visitors Centres were very good. Because of the weather we decided to drive on and visit of the small towns. We visited Cape Charles which can be described truly as a one horse town. Nevertheless it was quite quaint and has an Irish Pub. Yes truly an Irish Pub.

We had a debate tonight, in the bar, about whether we should travel to Mount Vernon the home of George and Martha Washington which would invlove a 2 hour drive back to the outskirts of Washington. It is certainly a long drive but easier perhaps with two drivers available.

Never mind l will tell you later if we went



Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb