Day 11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Williamsburg
September 19th 2008
Published: September 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday morning - Must be time for breakfast with Martha Washington - of course she is the real person and wife of George Washington.

Anyway we turn up at the Bar and Grill for breakfast at 8.15 am and sit down to a full English breakfast with lots of grits and things. We are then joined by Martha who tells us (in context) all about life in the 1770s. Their lifestyle, their living conditions etc. etc.


After we have had a hearty breakfast we go back to Colonial Williamsburg. Yes l know that this is our 3rd visit but believe me there is so much to do and see. Its just the whole atmosphere of the place - the people who are really interesting to speak to. Its wall-to-wall history and you cannot help but to get involved.

As a little aside - can l just say it is very difficult to concentrate on this little blog effort when stupid American is sitting behind you talking on their mobile phone about the American's obsession with stocks and shares. Anyway where was l?

Can l just talk you something about the wildlife and things. When we arrived - guess what we seen on the resort. Yes that right - a skunk. We have also seen possums, hundreds of squrrels and so many different types of birds. What we have found unique about this place is the huge amount of trees. They are everywhere.

Anywhere l will speak to again soon.









Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb