Eastern NC & Eastern Shore VA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Virginia Beach
September 4th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Thursday, Sept 4

We filled up with gas in Goldsboro and then went to the Skillet Restaurant for breakfast. Mother had country ham since we were in hog raising country.

We drove through tobacco fields on the way to Greenville. Took a side trip through some of the farms to get a picture.

In Historic Edenton we had “Elevenes”(Elevenes is like afternoon tea but at 11:00 a.m.) at the Edenton Coffee House and Sisters Gallery with Anita & Glenn Andersen, friends who used to live in Charlotte. It was good to see them and catch up on what they are doing these days. We drove by some of the big old houses in town. We stopped at the Visitors Center and saw the movie on the history of the town which had its own tea party in 1774 organized by 5 women.

On our way north we drove out to the Newbold White brick house - the oldest brick home in the state of NC. Quaker household from the 1600’s.

Virginia Beach, very touristy, lots of people and no parking places. We ate at the Beale Street Memphis Steak & Ribs - not the seafood restaurant I was looking for - but we had seafood and the grilled BBQ shrimp and the crabcakes were delicious. Also the French fries were the best!

Then we headed across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel - cost $12.00 for toll. We stopped at the Seagull Pier. It was strange to see the big shipped head toward what looked like the bridge but was the shipping lane above the tunnel.

Once we hit the eastern shore of Virginia, we drove to Onancock to see the sunset from the dock. We were almost too late, but caught it just as the sun went down into the water. We stayed in Onancock at the Colonial Manor Inn B&B.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb