Driving the Skyline


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.4953, -78.4497

Today we awoke in a town called Waynesboro and we had a quick breakfast before heading off to the Shenandoah National Park. There awaiting us was the Skyline Drive, which was a 103 mile drive through the park. We set off on the drive and straight away were blown away by the beautiful views across the park. Luckily there was 75 overlooks which you could park in to admire the different views.

As we were driving we stopped at every overlook to make the most of the views and sometimes they were so beautiful we had to force ourselves to move on.

Along the trail we had been told to look out for various animals - such as squirrels and woodchucks. However there were three animals we both wanted to see - bears, deers and a bobcat (google them they are cute). Unfortunately we were once again only lucky enough to see a deer walking down the side of the road.

After a 6 hour drive along the skyline drive witnessing the glorious views we left the park to drive to Washington and although we had to negotiate ourselves around the tricky rounds of the Capital we got here safe and sound.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb