MKs and Coolbaugh


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Remington » Roanoke
August 30th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.2715, -79.9405

Editor's NOTE: Normally Glenn proof-read's my blog and does some major editing, however I am not asking him to do this for me, since he needs a break. So bear with me if there are misspelled words and the grammar is incorrect. Thanks for reading.

Panera Bread was our next stop. Erica G. (MK with Camino) works here. Also, Katherine B. attends Liberty University. They're roommates.

We did not see Liberty University. We had a good 45 minute visit with Katherine. Glenn bought her lunch. It was her first day of school. We have met her before, but she didn't remember. She is a missionary kid from Mexico. Erica was working the whole time of our Panera visit however when she "clocked out", we sat and visited with her for 10 minutes before she had to leave for her evening class.

Today was a small traveling day. Just 1.5 hours to our next stop - Roanoke, VA. Nice winding roads.

We stayed overnight with Kevin and Shari Coolbaugh. We stayed here on our last East Coast visit, back in 2010. Shari is friends with Karen Shaw Joseph - matter of fact, she disciple Karen when she was a new believer. Both Coolbaughs
are optometrist. They have 4 kids. 2 are in college, one at the Naval Academy.

Kevin grilled some delicious steaks out. We had great conversation around the dinner table. We also talked to the 2 other kids, Keller and Megan who are in high school. We talked computer stuff, politics and God's blessing in our life. The Coolbaughs have traveled two times down to Guatemala. One time with the Joseph family and the second time just out to the Foot family to do a eye clinic. She gave Juana, our maid, some much needed eye glasses. Great family. Great conversations honoring the Lord.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb