Blue Ridge Parkway


Advertisement
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.8262, -80.2507

Editor's NOTE: Normally Glenn proof-read's my blog and does some major editing, however I am not asking him to do this for me, since he needs a break. So bear with me if there are misspelled words and the grammar is incorrect. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday morning, we met up with Alice Stoddard, adult CAM mk who grew up in Guatemala and lives in Lynchburg. We know her brother, David, who lives in Guatemala City and works with TEAM. Her parents have since retired and dad has passed on, however her mother lives in Florida and we have visited Peggy several times in our journeys through Florida.'

Our conversation around the breakfast table was encouraging and uplifting. We asked Alice about her career, when she was a missionary in HOT Honduras, then having to leave quickly at one point and then her illness. Alice also attended Ben Lippen HS where Glenn attended. She graduated 50 years ago. Glenn graduated with her brother, David.

Alice led us out of Roanoke to drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Our next stop was just 2 hours away in Lexington, NC, so we had a couple of hours to enjoy the picturesque route of the Blue
Ridge Park Way.

We stopped several times, especially at the Mabry Mill, where there is a Water Wheel Mill, and an old place where they make used to make "moon shine".

We were right on schedule. Our next planned stop was at 3pm where we were connecting up with Mark and Nancy Schell (friends from Moody). As we were driving down the interstate, I called ahead for the Pilot Mountain State Park to see if there was a charge to drive in - NO. So we pulled off the hiway and drove the 20 minutes up to the top of the mountain. There, we had a beautiful view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We sat on a park bench and had the left over biscuits and peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I also had some apple sauce.

We arrived in Lexington right on time. As a matter of fact, we arrived a little early so we could rest up. We met up at the Perfect Blend Coffee shop. Again, we reconnected and chatted about our job experiences, where life took us after Moody, and God's blessing on each of our lives.




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb