Lynchburg, VA, Letterboxing & reconnecting wit


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Lynchburg
August 29th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.4049, -79.1553

Editor's NOTE: Normally Glenn proof-read's my blog and does some major editing, however I am not asking him to do this for me, since he needs a break. So bear with me if there are misspelled words and the grammar is incorrect. Thanks for reading.

After a delightful breakfast with Bobbie and John, we loaded up the RAV 4 and drove back into Lynchburg. We had several hours to kill. Glenn needed to get some gas. So while he filled up the tank at Kroger's, I went into the grocery store and got some lettuce and cheese for our upcoming Virginia Ham Sandwich.

We also had time to do a letterbox. This one was in an old cemetery where John and Sarah Lynch are buried. They are the founding fathers of this city. The town was started by Quakers. The cemetery site was quite old. Some of the tomb stones were just a rock to mark the grave site.

After my letterbox adventure, we were looking for a picnic table for our Virginia Ham sandwich. We saw a Chick-fil-A that was only Drive-thru. No indoor seating, but several picnic tables. We purchased a strawberry shake to go with our sandwich.

While we
were eating, we noticed an older man, around in his 70's to walk to the Chick-fil-A and then walk around and back out to the road. Glenn and I looked at each other. What was he doing? Was he lost? Then he appeared at the "take out" line and ordered a salad. Glenn approached him to make sure he was ok - you know elderly, you never know.

He was ok, just confused since there was NO inside dining at this location. We asked Bob to join us at our picnic table. We had a delightful conversation. He was from NC and his wife was across the street at the hotel for a conference. Glenn shared Christ with him.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb