Missy and Gabby's House


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Blacksburg
August 2nd 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Blacksburg, Virginia early Sunday morning. It was very surreal to see Missy and Griffin in their front yard waving to us as we pulled up. Although our visit was brief, we had a wonderful time. On Sunday Elizabeth went out to Missy’s barn to meet her horse. After that we headed into Blacksburg to eat, visit Missy’s workplace and see some of downtown.

On Monday morning we went to Virginia Tech and saw the campus. It is an amazing campus filled with unbelievable architecture. We went to the duck pond and then the flower gardens. After that we headed into downtown Roanoke and had lunch and then came back to relax in the backyard and watch the kids swim. I was a little too relaxed though. I got up at one point to help Camille and stepped directly on top of a glass and crushed it with my bare foot. Miraculously I suffered only a small cut. We all thought an emergency room visit was in order as we heard the unmistakable crunching sound.

The visit, like all the others on this trip, was filled with laughter that can only be had with good friends. It made us realize how much we miss having Missy, Gabby and Griffin in Eugene and while we wish them the best, we both do hope they will come home one day. (I had to say that…hee hee)

Missy and Gabby, thanks for the hospitality! We love you guys!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb