Week 3 in Burlington


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont
January 30th 2006
Published: March 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This week i decided to drop "financial institutions and markets" because its on Monday and Wednesdays. I've picked up Business Policy which is on tuesdays and thursdays because it gives us Monday Wednesday Friday as snowboarding days. Have been listening to the one dayers at abc.net.au/cricket. We spent most nights this week partying in the Living/Learning Centre.

Thursday was Australia day. We both had classes all day so i wore my "Australia" jumper, and aussie flag hat. Got a lot of funny looks. After uni melissa and i went done to a pub called coyote's for some exchange student thing, i met a good bloke from england called Tal. Afterwards we came back to our room and got a carton of Fosters from the bottlo. The Austrian Tom, our neighbors Max and Buddy, and Max's mate Jake, (who rides for burton and is now a snowboard photographer. He'd just got back from the US Olympic trials) came and drank beers and listened to aussie music for a while - thanks nicko for the aussie cds! Afterwards we went out downtown but they wouldnt let anyone under 21 in because it was too late. Jake was pretty drunk and tried to convince them to let us in with his Transworld Snow press pass. It was classic until he almost got bashed and the police threatened to charge him with attempted trespass. In the end TK and i cut our losses and went to a club called red square. It was ok but no Australia.

On Friday we went snowboarding at Stowe for the first time. A girl called Lindsay and one of her mates came and picked us up, and we went and got season passes before spending the day riding Mt Mansfield. It was a lot of fun, although the windblown dry powder was not so forgiving at the top, and a few of my falls hurt quite a bit. Apparently thursday was the best day of the season so far, and today was still great, with a few inches of powder still on most of the trails. Afterwards we went to our first ice hockey game. UVM lost but it was good fun.

We went snowboarding on the Sunday again, with Julius (Holland) and Sole (Argentina). It was great, with really good conditions, and i was much more comfortable linking my edge turns, and was falling much less. Listened to thursday's hottest 100 on the triple J website.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

just maxin, relaxin...just maxin, relaxin...
just maxin, relaxin...

having a break on spruce peak at stowe, after a bit of uphill traversing.
JudyJudy
Judy

with julius


Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb