second week in Burlington


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont
January 18th 2006
Published: March 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well this week was a bit of a reality check - in this country, the lecturers expect you to do homework for your classes. crazy i know. There are a couple of MBA students in one of my 'senior' level classes, so i think that one's gonna be tough. We went to a basketball game, and the UVM Catamounts beat the Albany Great Danes pretty comprehensively. On Saturday there was a $10 lift ticket deal with the UVM ski and snowboard club, and so we got on the bus to sugarbush. It was my first time snowboarding, and the conditions were really slushy after rain for the past few days. Hurt my knee pretty badly and got a corked shoulder (which ended up hurting pretty badly for a couple of weeks). We did a black diamond run at the end of the day, but i went down the better part of it sitting down after falling near the top and not being able to get back up. Tom and i both had a great time though.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

JudyJudy
Judy

This is julius, the dutch bloke. We call him judy cos his ipod had an inscription that said "The Judge". the name stuck.
berries in the snowberries in the snow
berries in the snow

not sure what they are exactly, but thought they looked cool


Tot: 0.326s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb