Day 3, Vermont Ski Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Stowe
January 4th 2009
Published: January 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

January 4th, 2009




Today was our first full day in Vermont and it's not over yet. We spent the day exploring the town and getting used to the cold. Woke up to the beautiful view out our little deck area, and then decided to go for a walk to see the town. It was good to be able to enjoy the air after spending yesterday in the car. Our little home in the mountain is coincidentally on Mountain Rd/Vermont 108. We went to the lodges library and pool first to see what that is all about and then set out along the road. We walked past Pie in the Sky, Baggy Knees, and over a little covered bridge. We came to Main St/Vermont 100 which is where many of the shops in town are located. The town is filled with lots of little shops and arts stores with tons of hand made items. Seems like a perfect town for us to visit.


After purchasing some postcards...and some candy for Luke...we went to Pie in the Sky for lunch and had some delicious Pizza. I also had hummus with spinach which was very good. We were both happy for a break from the cold and to sit and relax.


Then we decided to go for a drive in daylight since we had not seen much of our surroundings. We drove to Mount Mansfield to have a look around and whoa...it's uhh yeah well quite a large mountain. We also drove by Spruce Peak which is also available for us to ski, the Trapp Family Lodge, and then back into town with a nice scenic tour! This place is very very beautiful.


Our first day of skiing starts tomorrow bright and early! We are stoked for it! More to come from our cozy home in Stowe!


Jess & Luke

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb