Day 1, Vermont Ski Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Stowe
January 2nd 2009
Published: January 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to our travels! This trip begins in Mohnton, Pa, will make a quick stop in Cincinnatus, Ny to catch up with some family and then we are headed to Stowe, Vermont for a week of skiing and exploring.


January 2nd, 2009






We still weren't ready to ski yet. I was still in need of gloves, ski poles (slightly important), and a mask, and Luke needed boots. Yeah we realized we were leaving for New York, but things always work out in the end. We got the car all packed and headed out to Buckman's to get the last of our ski gear. We stopped at Wawa for some snacks as well as AAA for a map...which we probably should have gotten a New York map too, but whatever. Left Reading around 1:00pm.



Finally we got on the high way and headed up to New York to visit with my Aunt and Uncle for the night. Well actually first we got lost...which happens pretty regularly even when we have directions. So we took an alternate route and it worked out quite nicely. We had a good uneventful drive and made it to their house in Cincinnatus by 5:00pm.



My Aunt made some delicious soup and we had some Cuban bread with it...and my Uncle made it through dinner without making too much of a mess. We relaxed for the night and watched Wall-E and a very uhh...exciting TV series called Time Tunnel. Haha...the special effects are choice. Went to bed at a decent time so that we could get up and be on our way to Vermont in the morning!



More to come from our cozy home in Stowe!


Jess & Luke

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb