2nd entry - North Vermont Stowe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Stowe
August 12th 2007
Published: August 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Finished exploring Boston (which we really liked) with a tour of the music shops and bookshops. Persuaded Michael to buy a pair of RayBans in Macey's! Visited various places on the freedom trail some of which were shopping arcades and food malls! Left Boston and drove North calling at Lake Sunapee and Woodstock on route passing through large expanses of pine forests. Arrived in Stowe just in time to catch the last sights of a vintage car rally (their 50th) which blocked most of the streets. Some beautiful old cars though - Mustangs included. Spent today exploring Stowe which has a general store and some quaint little shops. Went up the local mountain (ski runs in winter) in a gondola to get a better view (4000 feet approx) and drove across the valley, very attractive. Michael also ventured along the local recreation path while I did the farmers' market - lots of maple syrup as we're really close to the Canadian border. I've tried to include some photos this time - look in the gallery if they're not here. Off to Burlington and Lake Champlain tomorrow, we think. Weather has been good but a bit humid at times. Stone Hill Inn is everything the web site promises so I'm off for a jacuzzi now and looking forward to Amy and Hal's hors d'oeuvres soon! The garden's beautiful (eat your heart out Jen).


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



13th August 2007

Looks like you're living the hard life. Just remember us folk having to go to work whilst you live it up in fancy hotels! Looks fantastic - glad to see Dad's found a hammock to relax in. Sounds like he needs it after all the shopping you've made him do! Have a wonderful time. x
16th August 2007

Probs
Got your note - great. This week I was the only one able to play bowls so seized victory as my own. Barry suggested that I should play against the clock, but I demurred on the basis that the clock might do better than me. Our messages seem to have been posted, but the photos seem to have disappeared. Hopefully, when they become visible again, we'll see a photo of Di. Nothing against Michael lounging in a hammock dressed in shorts, but...

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb