Breathtaking Bryce


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah
June 21st 2014
Published: June 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

June 19, 2014

Bryce Canyon

The landscape gives you sneak peeks as you approach Bryce through red canyon. We finally parked and spoke with some nice rangers at the park office. The ranger Matt asked about fishing felt really bad for him when he saw the crestfallen look on his face when he told him there wasn't any fishing in the national parks. 😞. It seems you need a guide service to get any decent fishing done, plus it's super dry right now.

We walked through the piney woods And approached the rising edge of the canyon. I love how Bryce surprises you! Sorta like walking into a surprise party! I was in front, and it took my breath away. I was excited to watch the family approach! Priceless. We hiked a 4 mile loop through the hoodoos, Queens Garden and Navajo Loop. It was magnificent and Belle may have taken 100 pics. We also witnessed Boy Scouts taking turns peeing in the 'woods' at a the bottom of the canyon. Now it is not thick growth by any stretch, more desert brush. And yet their scout leaders were having them take turns peeing.... Hilarious!

We had pbj back at the car and I wanted to hike a different loop, but it was decided to go do a little Bryce town shopping and then drive through the Kodachrome basin. Much of this area really a gives 'remote' a new definition.... Found a great trading post and some awesome earrings! Authentic. The woman closes the store in winter and goes to the four corners area and buys her goods for the native Americans on the reservation there.

And then there was Beaver Taco. No lie. In the town of Beaver, Utah, behind the comfort inn, there is a town! Very Benton style. Possibly smaller. The the Beaver Taco restaurant, family owned, was spectacular. Want a great dinner! ? (Exit 109 off 15 south if you are ever traveling in the area!) Then we drove downtown and had ice cream from Mel's - had an awesome old car driving arcade game! - and then returned to the hotel to undust and unsweat ourselves.

Quick shout out to my awesome girls: these teens have been rising early without complaint, helping pack, living on granola and pbj, and just generally traveling awesome. They are great kids! Oh, and belle and ce a have been socializing with people! 😊

And props to the hubby: Alarm Clock, Keeper of Keys, Heavy Lifter. All things I struggle with, he handles.

"Let love drive all you do". - Graffiti on barren billboard somewhere just outside of nowhere.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb