I am a real true cowgal


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah
September 27th 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Horseshoe BendsHorseshoe BendsHorseshoe Bends

Lake Powell
So we left the magnificant grand canyon and headed towards Lake Powell, Lake Powell is the 2nd largest man made resovoir located on the colorado river, we stopped for our lunch break at he horshoe bend which is a beautiful spot to see and all just chilled out here for a few hours taking in our surroundings before heading off to Eastons. Easton was a former trek leader who now owns a horse ranch and many treks stop through here to ride the horses and enjoy themselves in the infamous party barn. Tonight was our groups night to dress up and we pulled cowboys and indians out of the hat and what a great place to do it so when we got our costumes from walmart we headed to the ranch to have a sunset horse trek, my horse was called Elvis and basically liked to do what he wanted but was docile enough and we had a very relaxing trek seeing the sky turn and with nobody else around, felt like me were in the middle of nowhere. After our trek we headed to eastons house for dinner which was fabulous, the fact they none of us had to do anything, such as cutting veggies, cooking or washing up was like we were living in luxury.
So we got dressed, of course i was a cow gal after finding my calling in Australia and headed to the party barn where we danced, sang and laughed the night away, some people were a bit worse for wear and a few little arguements were started among the other group as i think it was getting to the stage where we have been in each other pockets for quite a while and when they had that much drink it fueled it but it all got sorted and they went back to enjoying their night while our group carried on pretending to lasso imaginary creatures. I had a great night and went to bed at some ridiculous hour which im sure i regretted the next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb