Zion National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Zion National Park
November 22nd 2012
Published: December 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This year for the Thanksgiving Holiday my boyfriend and I finally got to do part of a road trip we've been thinking about for 3 years Utah's National Parks!

10 days of driving, hiking and photo taking here we come!

We started our trip in the little town of Springdale just outside of the Zion National Park Entrance. Springdale was very quaint and really cool. We stayed at a wonderful place called Pioneer Lodge. The rooms were very reasonable, quiet, great views and the beds were very comfortable. It was even next to a really yummy pizza shop.

During our stay in Zion we did a few things, we hiked Angels Landing and the Narrows among a few other smaller hikes. Being that it was November we were a little concerned about the Narrows being too cold, but we were able to rend dry pants, shoes and a hiking pole from Zion Adventure Company and were good to go. The Narrows starts out as a paved hike back 1 mile until you reach the start of the water portion. We had the goal of getting to where there is a split in the canyons and were easily able to achieve it within a few hours. The hike over all was stunningly beautiful and very peaceful. We were lucky enough to have it pretty much all to ourselves since November is low season. If you have the time I highly reccomend it. Next time we are there we are going to do the whole journey, camping along the way and everything.

Angels Landing was another must see. It's a moderate hike that gets a bit scary as you start to reach the top. The last 1/2 a mile you are walking up a mountian side holding on the chains built into the rock. It was pretty scary but the view was well worth it.

Next stop for us is Bryce Canyon


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb