Northern side of Zion Park NP


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Zion NPZion NPZion NP

This is a little visited section north of St George UT

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined” .
- Thoreau



LINK


Outdoor Outlet


We had an early start on Friday and drove about 70-80 miles north to the northern end of Zion Park. It’s a little known and little used - it’s called Kolob Canyon, and we took the scenic drive up to the top and had our breakfast. We were the only ones there. Yes, there were mosquitoes; I couldn’t believe it. It was about 6,000 feet high. We tried to catch the sun coming up over the canyons, but it was the wrong angle, but still very beautiful. We did a hike on the Taylor Creek Stream and we had about 4 stream crossings. Wow, the water was cold, you could barely stand in it long enough to get wet.
Then it was in to St. George for a quick stop at an outdoor store OUTDOOR OUTLET, and it was awesome - just one of the best outdoor stores, down to earth, no frills, but great gear. If you ever get a chance, stop at that store Gear Loft?? . I have their web page link. Then we went to a camera store, bought a few things, and then to the post office and headed back to Mesquite, where we took a quick shower, packed up, and headed on to Las Vegas. When we got to Vegas, we checked into the Best Western, took a swim, and started getting our gear ready. That evening, we had a meeting with all the folks going on our Colorado Raft Trip. One rep from CRATE met with us and told us what to expect, etc., handed out dry bags and ammo cans, etc.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

HealeysHealeys
Healeys

Joe and Lorraine put this trip together and we will always remember and thank them


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb