Valley of Fire


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Springdale
April 13th 2008
Published: April 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


It was technically our last day in Disneyland but we were all "Disney'd" out. We had finished all of the rides and saw just about everything we had wanted so we headed for home. It was going to be a long drive.

The first of two excursions that we had wanted to do on the way home was the Valley of Fire. It's about 35 minutes up the I15 from Vegas and then 20 minutes down Hwy. 169. It's only $6 to enter the park and well worth the side trip. The Valley of Fire was spectacular, as you will see from the pictures, parts of it are like desert and then all of a sudden these red formations start to appear out of no where. What is truly amazing is that there are pockets of little rocks here and there then there are huge rocks three stories high like they had just fallen or been dropped out of the sky instead of having risen from the earth.
There is camping and hiking within the park and believe me I could have spent a few days photographing these pieces of art. It did take us longer than I thought it would and we forgot about the time change so we didn't get to Springdale until 9:00 and the pool closes at 10:00. We did get about 40 minutes in the pool before they shut it down right at 10:01. Stay tuned for our second excursion.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.2896s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb