POSTDATED: SLC from TIM.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Salt Lake City
June 11th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

First of all I feel the need to apologize to the entire state of Utah for my low expectations I had coming into it. Admittedly, the first 50 miles or so coming out of Nevada didn’t look too encouraging. Barren salt flats that would make even the bravest pioneer have to question what the heck he was trying to discover on the other side. I think I would have just turned around. So after a full day’s drive we made it into Salt Lake City around 9 o’clock Wed and found a place where we could park the RV for the night until we could get a better chance to explore the city in the daylight. A good friend Dyylyn (aka Bryant Strain) found us and hung out for a while and we had a good time catching up. The next morning we met up for breakfast with a certain Ben Fox who would prove to be our man of peace in SLC. After hearing Nate’s music online he got in touch and when he found out that we were coming through Salt Lake, went out of his way to be hospitable. He bought us an amazing breakfast and then took us to his place to let us use the showers and just chill out for a while. Then, after hearing about our windshield wiper incident, he insisted on taking us to the parts store to get us a new set of wipers (to anyone reading this from Garry’s Automotive... it was a “Schucks”... sorry but what could I do? 😊 Then, as if that wasn’t enough, he hooked us up with an amazing place to park within easy walking/biking distance from downtown. It was an overflow parking lot for a mall and after talking to the security people they graciously allowed us to park there, free of charge, for the next couple days. The security guards came by every so often to make sure we were doing alright and asked us questions about our trip; they even gave us their direct number that went to their walkie talkie in case we had any trouble. How cool is that? While in the city, we found several cool coffee shops to hang out in and managed to snag some free food here and there (much credit to Sam for talking the Taco Bell guys into letting us have the meal that nobody picked up from the counter) We also managed to secure a gig for Saturday night at one of the local coffee shops and we played downtown on the street briefly on Saturday afternoon. After our show last night, the aforementioned Dyylyn brought us some day old pastries from his coffee shop place of employ (not to drop any names but think “Star Dollars”) Before we hit the road we had some cereal because now that our propane is filled up we have cold milk in our fridge again 😊 There are bits here and there that I’ve missed out but I’ll leave it to some of the other guys to give you their interpretations of the city and the people we met. As of right now we are covering some serious ground through Colorado and witnessing the grandeur of the Rocky Mountains. Destination: Denver... sometime within the next few hours.

Over and Out.
Tim eh?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb