Day 1: Deer Valley Resort


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Salt Lake City
February 6th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Natalie and I arrived into Salt Lake City Tuesday evening. We stayed with my friend Ann at her apartment and she was gracious enough to let us borrow her car for the week. Unfortunately, we had an accident as, I was backing out of her garage. I did not realize how tight her garage was and hit the side mirror backing out of the garage.

Already off to a great start we stopped at See n Ski for Natalie’s rental gear and discount lift tickets for the resorts. As, we drove up to Park City the snow was falling, which caused the drive to be slower. We also had to avoid the semis, which stopped in the middle of the interstate to put on chains. We arrived at Deer Valley and pulled up to the base of the lodge to unload our gear. Deer Valley offers attendants, who help you unload and watch your gear. Deer Valley is known for their groomed trails, but the snow caused the trail to be covered. It was enjoyable to ski in fresh snow, but we had to work a bit harder to ski through it.

We had a great lunch at the lodge and had the famous Deer Valley turkey chili.

Later in the evening we went to a University of Utah basketball game against UNLV.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb