Day 2 Park City Resort


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Park City
February 7th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lodge at Park CityLodge at Park CityLodge at Park City

Look at the top of the roof for a suggestion box. The owner placed it here after opening his restaurant, since he had a lot of suggestions.
Day 2 Park City Resort

No snow in the forecast today. The drive takes 30 to 45 minutes from Salt Lake City. Not a bad drive, if the weather cooperates. Today, we visited Park City resort and had high winds and white outs, while skiing. This caused delays at several of the lifts. It ended up being, so windy I had to purchase a neck gator at the top of the mountain.

A few highlights of Park City was getting a tour of the mountain from a mountain host. The host takes you all over the mountain and provides a bit of history about the mountain. I also got a chance to ski a portion of the 2002 winter Olympic Giant Slalom course.

After, skiing we visited Main St. in Park City. We decided to have dinner at a local Mexican restaurant in a strip mall, which a local recommended, as the best in Utah. He also mentioned he gets asked where the locals eat and his response was at home. The restaurant we went to was El Chubasco and the highlight was the salsa bar, which consisted of mango, chipotle, pico, and various others.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Main St. Park CityMain St. Park City
Main St. Park City

Another Snow day
El ChubascoEl Chubasco
El Chubasco

Natalie and I sampling the different salsas


Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.6kb