To Utah and Beyond ...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Saint George
October 5th 2011
Published: October 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

RoaDi Trip #4 Utah to …
Getting There

Lots of driving. Only one incident where Ross thought I was going to hit the car in front but I was manoeuvring to go into the passing lane. His yell made me brake and jerk the car right instead of left where I was going. Scared everyone especially Ebby who was spun around on the floor.
Scenery has been interesting and we’re listening to an audio book which is not so interesting but helps with the long hours of driving. Started at 1:30 on Fri and stopped at 7 pm at Blue Sky RV camp not far from Seattle. Sat was from 9 to 9 driving with about a total of 2 hours for food and dog breaks. Fell into bed at 10:30 without bothering with dinner. Sunday, we were on the road by 8:15 and into St George by 5:30 pm. My body feels like it’s normal position is a small letter h. Unbending myself takes an effort. I look at some of these other RV’ers who are hovering around the 300 pound mark and wonder how they do it. I think they must drive for 2 or 3 hours and then camp at one spot for at least a week – otherwise how could their artificial flowers and garden gnomes get that faded, weathered look.

St George Baseball and Walking

I can’t really comment on the ball games since I only watched one game on the Tues. For Monday and Wednesday’s games I was on the walking tours. Monday was sunny and hot and we walked the Hidden Pinyon trial in Snow Canyon. Not a very long hike but fun and great scenery. Ross’ games were 1 and 1. We had a great thunderstorm with impressive lightening and zipper sounding thunder rolls for quite a few hours late Monday night. Tuesday Ross’ team won again and so ended up in the AA section for the playoffs. The weather was warm but heavy dark gray clouds hung over parts of the area. We had tickets for Grease at the Outdoor Theater at Tuachan. The storm held off and we even had starlight and a half moon for the production. The stage background was the canyon and it’s cliffs so for the show we had actual 50’s cars and motorcycles driving around the stage setting. Pretty impressive. Wednesday I did the historical old town walk and talk and Ross’ team lost both playoff games so we are done the softball and we’ll head towards Denver tomorrow.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb