Powder Baby!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Park City
March 23rd 2005
Published: March 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Driving across Nevada was a very boring experience for all drivers concerned - 9 hours of nothingness. It even had the cheek to rain. The endless miles of desert changed into miles of Salt plains the minute we crossed into Utah - very bizarre. Passed the site of where the land speed record is held (but even Chuck resisted the urge to upstage it!!).

Park City is gorgeous - an old mining town that outstripped Heavenly by miles. Our first day saw us coming face to face with deep powder, blizzards, white outs and queues of people!!!!!!!!!!! How rude! Slept well that night!!

Sara opted for another lesson on Park City slopes while Gill and and I donned our posh pants and headed to the boarder free resort of Deer Valley - 5 mins away from Park City. They would even take the skis out of the back of the car if you weren't two ditsy Scottish bunnies!! So far this was my favourite resort by far despite the snow whipping off the sides of our face when we came off the lifts. Looked at the Mens Olympic Slalom and mogul field here but decided to leave it to the experts as we still have 2 more weeks of skiing ahead. Saras lesson - took her down some blacks on purpose this time!!

What a great day - as with every other day this week we woke up to 6 inches of new powder - lifes tough!! Had a great day (or half day for the other two) exploring the slopes of The Canyons - now voted my favourite resort so far!! Sara and Gill (Peggy_ stopped at lunch time and I met up with a local to ski some more powder - now thoroughly exhausted!!

Advertisement



29th March 2005

What's the score??
Sounds like you're having a blast. Things are 'swell' back home. Adam says 'Hi Aunty Sara!'. Looking forward to next installment. Take care y'all! - Colette

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb