Sorry for the delay...


Advertisement
Published: April 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

It's been while since our last update - no excuses really - well problems finding reasonably priced internet access is about the best we can come up with...

After Park City we went for a complete change of scene and went to Moab - in order to visit the Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Once again we were cursed with bad weather on the day of the long drive and by the time we got the Arches - it was very wet and very windy - so our visit involved jumping in and out of Chuck to get a few snapshots....

We were staying at the Lazy Lizard Hostel, which had been recommended by someone from home (Nick). Whilst cooking dinner on the first night of our stay, we met Nick! The last time either of us had seen him, he was dressed a Tommy Cooper at my Halloween party...

We visited the Canyonlands the next day and the weather had significantly improved - it was a beautiful day and we were able to get out of the car and do a bit of walking to appreciate the scenery.

Pushing on into Colorado we drove along a a really scenic highway that took us down into the valley floor, looking up at the mountains around us. Breckenridge is as lovely as we remembered it. We stayed at the Fireside Inn - a hostel/B&B in town, so we didn't have too far to walk to anywhere. However it is considerably higher than where we had come from and both Gillian and I felt the effects of the altitude (Gill seemed to be ok) so we made good use of free shuttle - walking in snow gear can be incredibly tiring....

Both the Gill's headed off to Vail (with Penny and Simon - whom we had met in the Fireside Inn - Hello Chaps!), whilst I took a powder lesson and managed to crash into several trees - the National Forest Service would not be very happy with me if the saw the destruction that I caused....

Managed to squeeze in a few margerhitas at Mi Casa in honour of Juliet...

Gill went up to Steamboat Springs to meet her friend Suzy who was very pregnant (Congratulations Suzy and Chuck on the new arrival) whilst Gillian and I stayed in town and went into every store
Copper MountainCopper MountainCopper Mountain

Altitude does strange things to the human body...
on Main Street - we were both very restrained on our purchasing - something to do with bags already being full and the prospect of paying a fortune to get stuff shipped home....

Got Gillian to the airport and waved good bye to skis and snowboard - British Airways took all my stuff as excess baggage for $115 - and the luggage was booked through all the way back to Edinburgh (Gillian wouldn't looking a contestant in the World's Strongest Man from carrying it all) thanks BA!!

Very grateful to Gillian for being our mule and to Juliet for providing taxi services at Edinburgh......

Loads to follow (including some nice photos!!!) - off on a Harvard walking tour just now - watch this space.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb