R.I.P Bobo's van


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
May 11th 2006
Published: May 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sorry we haven't blogged for a while but we've finally made it to LA and got internet access!! So from where we left of in Moab we broke down (again) luckily this time in the nicest town we've been to so far, with gorgeous weather. Opening the bonet of the bobo's van the mechanic said "holy shit it's a straight 6!" Which attracted the attention of the garage as they all crowded round. We began to feel slightly nervous and asked what it meant. The man had never seen an engine this old. So he fixed what he thought mighht be the problem and driving out of the gargage we broke down again! We went to get the man again and as we tried to move it into the garage the transmission broke. The men said it would need a new engine, transmisssion, carbarrator etc etc etc. They understood our situation and let us stay the night in the garage. Next day good news arrived in the form of a brand spanking new motor home fully equiped with fridge, cooker, upstairs bed, cruise control, a/c, a toilet, sink, shower and eating table...and a top speed of above 45 mph!! The 18 year old spanish lad had to then drive a dying bobo's van back to LA. Driving off in the new van felt great and lifted our spirits as the mechanics cheered us away. We then had a comfortable drive to vegas for my birthday! We stayed just off the strip for two nighhts at a fancy hotel and a huge room. The day of my birthday we got breakfast in bed and then took the shuttle to the strip. We went shoping at the greatest shoping place iv'e ever seen called fashion show and John brought we a lovely dress!! Then we went to a few of the hotels which are just so awesome. There's so much to see on the strip aside from casino's and pretty naked ladies. We saw some sleeping lions at the MGM and a pirate show, and a volcano erupting into 500 feet of fire, and fountains dancing the the sounds of classical music. We then moved on to see the eiffel tower and then to the streets of Venice. It was so creepy, we thought we were outside in a fake Venetian town square but then realised like 5 mins later that the ceiling was painted on...duh!! For my birthday dinner we went for sushi and had a bottle of wine which made us so pissed because we hadn't drunk in nearly 2 months!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0916s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb