Red and Orange


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
July 3rd 2010
Published: July 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to MoabWelcome to MoabWelcome to Moab

We made it!
Dia Cinco.

We kicked off the day in search of a camera store, but we got up too early! Impressively we ate breakfast and were packed up by 8:00! Since the camera stores weren’t open yet, we stopped at target and picked up “The Essential John Denver” (thanks mom and dad, this was on you!). Then we drove downtown taking pictures of all the signs mentioned in On The Road by Jack Kerouac. We did eventually get to Mike’s Camera store and replaced the lens that was murdered yesterday—except now we got a lens with twice the zoom. You’ll notice that the new pictures are less landscape and more zoomed.

Afterwards we were on the road again-this time to Moab, Utah. Traffic was really bad west of Denver and we lost about 2 hours ☹. But we did experience the most amazing piece of highway driving: Glenwood Canyon. I drove down into this beautiful canyon for about 12 miles, Zack had his head out the window taking pictures the entire way! It was amazing! We passed through several amazing tunnels, Vail, Breckenridge, Silverthorne, and Central City (also mentioned in Kerouac).

Upon our arrival, we spoke with the campsite owner/manager Jim about things to do in Moab. This town is deserving of a 2 week stay—rafting, fishing, 4x4’ing, mountain biking, fine dining, ballooning, even aerial tours. We made our way to the “City Mart”—yet another version of Kroger, and bought Kielbasa, red taters, and onion to make the “Gram Camp Special”. Zack also bought a can of apple pie filling for mountain pies. We went back to the site, cooked it all up over a pine wood fueled fire with an iron skillet, stuffed our faces, then fell into a deep sleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0866s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb