Holy freezing cold


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
December 24th 2007
Published: December 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I am realizing a dream. We've made it to Moab and Sam and I have spent the last two days riding-Amasa Back and Slickrock. We camped there last night and will be spending Christmas eve and Christmas .We've loaded up on firewood, and will be barbequing steaks tonight for Christmas eve and will be making a mini turkey tomorrow-a far cry from our regular routine.

The roadtrip so far has been a blast. The kids are real roadtrip material and so far no blood. We set off from Vernon on Monday, travelled 2 solid days through intermittent snowstorms. Stayed in Soap Lake Washington the first night, checked out Granger and hung out with the dinosaurs, and the absolute highlight was parking across from the Wal Mart in Salt Lake city in a Snowstorm-"the most snow that we've seen around here in decades..reminded me of Oregon in the summer. Linda's hell was shopping in Walmart at 7 in the morning..Had to buy something for the kids for Christmas..

The motorhome is now home and Sam and I have been having mega scrabble matches on the road. I've been keeping track of loser words that I've let him get away with: zitmeds, jarozitmeds,bearmuffs,treepail-pretty sad. Jaime has read 3 books on the road, and can't seem to get enough. I bought "Catcher in the Rye" and its the first time that I've seen Sam read anything other that Archie..

Lots more but time to ride again! Merry Christmas to everyone and talk to you soon, Linda

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb