Capital Reef National Park, Utah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Capitol Reef
March 9th 2008
Published: March 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After visiting Zion and Bryce we weren't sure what we were in for at Capital Reef National Park. Needless to say, we were pleasantly surprised and very impressed. If you get a chance take the short hike above Chimney Rock-the views are amazing. Also, we did a day hike consisting of Cohab Canyon, Cassidy Arch Trail, along with the Narrows and found it to be quite rewarding. We were lucky enough to come across three mountain sheep including an impressive looking ram (see picture). The town of Torrey was really limited in terms of what was open in early March. Unfortunately, we ate at "The Patio" and found the food to be very poor and overpriced. We wished we had just gotten something from the fast-food Mexican place. After Capital Reef we headed for Arches and stopped at Goblin Valley along the way. This was a state park that required a fee that had three valleys worth of strange formations. Not sure if it was worth the fee and number of driving miles off of our course. The roads out there are fun to drive on--in good condition with little traffic--making for fast travel. Spend a day or two at Capital Reef if you get the chance as you will likely not regret it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.56s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 30; qc: 132; dbt: 0.1912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb