Bryce Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
June 16th 2013
Published: June 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We spent today exploring Bryce Canyon and as you can see from the photos it was an amazing place. There are a number of viewing points with each providing a different perspective of the amphitheatres. The main viewing points were called sunrise point, sunset point, inspiration point and Bryce point, with Bryce point having an elevation of 8300ft.

We saw a little chipmunk on one of the paths around Bryce Canyon and so took his photo and added it to the blog. He said his name was Alvin...

After Bryce Canyon we drove to Monument Valley which has some iconic landmarks and locations that have been used in various western films - including a number starring John Wayne. Our room balcony has an amazing view of monument valley. We have a sunrise tour organised for tomorrow morning (Sunday) where we are taken around the sights - unfortunately this means meeting the transport outside at 5.10am - Gulp! I'll add another blog entry tomorrow morning when we return from the tour as I am unsure whether we have internet access for the next two nights whilst we're in the Grand Canyon (Sunday and Monday nights).


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb