Las Vegas and Bryce Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
June 15th 2013
Published: June 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday (Friday) we left Las Vegas and drove to Bryce Canyon. I've attached to this entry some additional photos from Las Vegas including some photos we took on the way to Bryce Canyon.

Bryce Canyon National Park is a national park located in southwestern Utah. Despite its name, it's not a canyon but a collection of giant natural amphitheaters along the eastern side of the Paunsaugunt Plateau. Bryce is distinctive due to geological structures called hoodoos, formed by frost weathering and stream erosion of the river and lake bed sedimentary rocks. The rim at Bryce varies from 8,000 to 9,000 feet.

The hotel we are staying was built in the style of log cabins and has various stuffed animals around the hotel and shop. I've attached one photo to this blog entry showing what looks like a lynx just above some Scooby Doo cereal bars. I hope it was stuffed, if not, I don't think poor Scooby Doo will come out of the encounter very well.

We'll be spending today (Saturday) exploring Bryce Canyon before driving to Monument Valley.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb