Bryce Canyon NP III


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
May 19th 2009
Published: July 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We hit Hat Shop trail on our last day in Bryce. The weather certainly was nice to us by keeping the clouds scattered all over the sky protecting us from the heat of the sun during the hike. Exactly as described in the trail guide, Hat Shop trail was obviously quiet and less crowded than any other trails. It's not stunning like Navajo trail-but it sure provides you with ample solitude and a good opportunity to observe Clark's Nutcrackers, birds of the high mountains of the American West, in their nature. It was so quiet that even small movements of various animals could be heard. It's the trail that highlighted your auditory skill. Wonder why this trail is named "Hat Shop", walked further down for about 30-40 minutes and let the trail speaks for itself. Hat-shaped hoodoos situating on vertical limestones all over on one side of the mountain. That's a pretty clear answer.

In the afternoon, we did some chores like checking out from the motel and did laundry then we headed to Zion located less than an hour away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

I'm watching youI'm watching you
I'm watching you

I've never seen anything like this before. These trees were in the Ruby's Inn area.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb