Day 15 -- Bryce Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
July 22nd 2007
Published: July 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 15 -- Bryce Canyon

After about a 2 hour drive from Zion to Bryce National Park, we settled in at Ruby's Campground and hopped on the shuttle into the park. We were running a little late because Chris had to do one last thing before we left the RV - a trait that while possiblely genetic does not make it any less frustrating to the rest of the family. Luckily after lunch in the Bryce Lodge (taco bar) everyone was in a better mood and we got to the corral and got our steeds. This time all four of us were going riding. We all got mules. Alea rode Tanya, Chris rode Tony, Ben rode Chubby and Lisa rode Janya. This was a wonderful ride in terms of what we got to see. We descended into the canyon for a 2 hour ride. It was 84 degrees here - a nice break from the 101 in Zion the day before. The path was very steep and very narrow - and did I mention that mules like to walk on the outside portion of the trail? Alea was initially very scared of riding -- she didn't want her animal rearing up like they do in the movie posters, but by 5 minutes in she declared she was having a fun time. Lisa's knees unfortunately were very painful for the whole trip. In the end we were all pretty hot, dusty and tired after the ride , but glad we did it. The kids are swimming now with Lisa in the Ruby Inn's pool as I am posting this blog in the lobby. Tomorrow we are on to Arizona, Monument Valley and the Navajo reservation.

Chris

Fun Fact for the Day: Bryce Canyon is actually one of the highest places on the Colorado Plateau that transverses Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico.
The Hodoos of Bryce Canyon



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb