Navajo Reservation


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah
July 23rd 2007
Published: July 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our whole Western Trip



Our whole Western Trip
The Echterlings
Day 16 Antelope Canyon and Monument valley

Today we left Bryce canyon after one last look at areas of the Canyon we didn't get a chance to see the day before. Though we missed true sunrise, an overnight storm was just allowing the sun to break through anyway. We had to include another picture of this wonderful site in today's entry. We had a three hour drive from Bryce to near Page Arizona. There we took a trip with a Navajo Guide into the Lower Antelope Canyon (slit canyons). Included in the fee was not only a tour of the beautiful underground canyon, but also a harrowing bumpy ride in the back of a twenty year old broken down pick-up truck over sand on a non-road with Alea on my lap. When we got there with two other trucks there were other groups there - one of the pictures below shows the other people in the narrow space at the same time. It was really neat in the canyon and with three cameras we took over 300 pictures. Then we were on to Monument valley just back inside Utah -- another 2.5 hour drive - through a really hard rain and thunderstorm. When we got to Monument Valley we were to take a jeep tour, but we were a little late, the guide was late returning from the trip before and it looked like the storm we had driven through was about to overtake us again, so we decided not to go. Instead we checked in at Goulding's campground, ate dinner (I had a Navajo taco on Flatbread) and then went swimming. Tonight we watched a DVD we brought along on finding a new Egyptian tomb and as I rush to post this entry the rest of the family is converting RoVer to sleeping configuration.

Chris

Fun Fact for the Day: It is alot bumpier behind the rear wheel of a pickup truck then it is in front of it.

PS look around - you should be able to get from this entry to a map that shows our entire trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb