The road from Idaho to Utah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Beaver
April 22nd 2010
Published: April 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

20th to 22nd April

We've gone through Idaho and made it to Beaver, stopping at Uintah along the way. This was where I first saw snow! The day before arriving, we drove through a torrential rain storm to discover that we had narrowly missed a tornado!

After packing our bags and struggling to place them in the SUV, was when the snow started falling. What a great experience! Looks good, but I'm not really keen on the wet, cold part.

So, this evening we landed in Beaver - best known for having the best drinking water in the US of A - just ask them!

It is about 4 degrees C here. Brrr. We hope you like the happy snaps.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



23rd April 2010

snow snow snow
our friend from Las Vegas said that they had a christmas vacation in Salt Lake City and loved skating and enjoyed so much that they promised to go every year. Hope you find the place beautiful too. That is scary if you have been caught in the tornado ....... you'll have so many stories to tell back home. You'll enjoy Las Vegas, maybe you are now ..................Have a great time.
23rd April 2010

Viva Las Vegas!
We've arrived! Tornadoes, snow storms nor torrential rain could keep us from making it to the strip! Everything is so HUGE! I imagined one street of hotels - this is a city. So many people. So many pokies! Tanya would love it. We wouldn't see Christine or Tanya for days. We see Wayne Newton tomorrow night (Saturday 23rd here) at the Flamingo. We can See Caesars Palace from our room at Ballys (22nd floor). Buffets for $5 - again, Tanya would be in heaven! Back on the diet on the 3rd May. We are here until 28th April - 27th is our 25th Anniversary. Back in LA on 28th and flying out on the 29th - :-( Back to work on the 3rd to start saving for the next holiday! New York? Florida?

Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb