Fort Worth is not Cusco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
January 22nd 2016
Published: January 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

The side trip to Fort Worth was just what we needed to keep us busy for the day. Our flight to Lima is not until 1020 tonight, so we had a full day to go out and explore Fort Worth. We ate lunch at the Cattlemen's Steak House. After lunch we wandered down the main road and found a Longhorn just waiting for us. It was Pedro's first time sitting on a cow. Maverick was very well behaved. Maverick (2100#) was a registered Longhorn according to his trainer. Next it was off to the pig/sheep subway. This is where the sheep and pigs were brought underneath the road where the cattle were being driven over the top back in the day of the cattle drives. Next it was a trip through the Stockyard Maze. We both made it out, but Pedro seemed to find his way out quicker. Next time you see him, just ask about it. We went to the White Elephant next. A very historical and classic saloon. Then we went down the road to see the custom boots at Leddy's. Pedro would not let me get a pair. I think the pair I picked were $3400. Must be because they were size 12...We are now back at the airport. Made it through security. We both got the full pat down and a lovely black lab that looks like Spuddy sniffed our bags. Hopefully the next you hear from use we will have made it to Cusco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



23rd January 2016

Yahoo!!
Looks like a fun time -- good thing that you could find something else to do for the day.

Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 23; qc: 96; dbt: 0.1158s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb