Wrapping up


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
December 26th 2015
Published: December 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Wide open skysWide open skysWide open skys

Coming out of the Davis Mountains area is such a beautiful landscape! Huge rolling hills, cattle ranches, and small trees! I already miss the big skys and the quiet, serene sound of nothing of west Texas
Merry Christmass y'all! It's been a fantastic trip, unfortunately we'll have to be getting back to the real world soon...
We found ourselves traveling east on I 20, and discovered a few parks along the way, the best of them all was in Monahans, the Monahans Sandhills State Park, the entire park is white sand dunes! It was amazing!
We are now waiting out this rain in Fort Parker State Park in Mexia, we came here for the geocaches and had planned on moving on, but seeing that it is such a beautiful, peaceful park, we decided to stay the night, now with all the rain it may be two nights!
Love you all! Thanks for following along in our adventure with us!
*added photos to original post


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Balmorhea Springs Balmorhea Springs
Balmorhea Springs

This was a neat place, they built this 2.5 miles trench that runs through the town and directs the water out to some fields.
imageimage
image

The largest spring fed swimming pool in the world!




27th December 2015

Springs
Those springs look beautiful! Bet that's a popular spot in the summer. Nice couple of spots to wrap up your trip.
1st January 2016
Balmorhea Springs

It was a fun journey with you - thanks for sharing! I'm going to miss the pictures, the adventures. I gotta look up this Balmorhea springs!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb