Day 2 in the Far West Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
December 22nd 2015
Published: December 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post


Day 2! This one won't be as long as the last, I promise! ?

We climbed around the rocks at the park some more in the morning and then went to a different part of the Franklin mts to find a cache , it was a steep Rocky climb! These caches in west Texas are not near as easy at the ones in east Texas! It was neat to see all the hikers at different levels of the mountain, some made it to the very top, most just around the middle like what we did.

We couldn't leave El Paso without trying to see the international Boundary Marker #1. Took us a while to locate how to get there, with the assistance from several border patrol we did find it! Haha. We actually had to go to New Mexico to see it. It was on the corner of New Mexico, Mexico and Texas. The link here goes to an interesting about how The U.S. shrunk by 1 sq mile 50 years ago!
http://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/news/npr/350885341/50-years-ago-a-fluid-border-made-the-u-s-1-square-mile-smaller


After we got our pictures one of the Border patrol guys showed us dinosaur tracks! Turns out New Mexico has several parks with really good prints in the rocks! We didn't have to go very far from the monument to see these.

So that about wraps up our time in el paso! It's not a place I'd necessarily want to visit again but I'm glad we went, it was an interesting part of Texas to see!
Yesterday as we drove to Davis mountains SP I thought this was pretty funny, it was an exit on I10 in Van Horn for 8 different destinations! Don't miss that turn!
Exit 140A
Carlsbad
Guadalupe mts ntl park
Alpine
Sul ros university
Del rio
Big bend
Marfa
Davis mts

I saw 5 jackrabbits last night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

imageimage
image

This stuff was so bright! Looked like neon paint!


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb