Texas Coast!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
December 13th 2015
Published: December 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

On our way to west Texas we decided to take the southerly route. 😉 worked out great since neither of us had been to this part of Texas. The water is clearer than Galveston but still not as pretty as Alabama or Florida. 😊 we stopped briefly at mustang island state park near port Aransas then made the 1 hour trip to goose island state park which is on the east side of Corpus Christi.

We stayed a night at goose island, got to see a small flock of the endangered whooping cranes, some Sandhill cranes and a huge 1000yr old oak tree! The land near the gulf was covered in short oak trees! It was so unique! The houses were just nestled away in the groves of oak trees!

Corpus Christi was fun to see but not my favorite. As we headed toward Brownsville, we realized south padre was super close! We couldn't drive by without stopping so we stayed a night in south padre! It reminded me a lot of Key West, a fun, touristy, fishing town.

You may, or may not have, noticed we now have a black truck pulling our little home instead of the jeep. We are giving the jeep a much deserved retirement from pulling and now we are getting better mpg and can get around Texas a lot easier!


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

imageimage
image

She lived digging and finding water!
Corpus Christi Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi

The almost original whataburger! (2nd location) It's 2 stories with an elevator!
imageimage
image

We filled up a page of state park caches! Whoop! Well on our way to 80!
1000 yr old tree!1000 yr old tree!
1000 yr old tree!

It was neat to see but the Mosquitos were monstrous and vicious!
imageimage
image

I love the look of this dock stretching out into the water.
imageimage
image

Sadie singing with the music


13th December 2015

The sand castles permanent? Did you go inside the lighthouse? Did you buy a cinnamon roll to bring to me?
14th December 2015

Haha. Yes the sand castles are permanent, when they get messed up the creator just redesigns them! I don't know if the lighthouse was open for visitors. No cinnamon roll to bring home! We ate the last one!
21st December 2015
Our cool campsite

That water is so still! Need to add some kayaks to your adventure fleet. ?

Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb