Caprock canyons sp 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
November 21st 2015
Published: November 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our full day at this park filled up quickly by doing a 4 hour hike down into the base of the canyon, it was a long hike but so cool! The lady at the office gave us a "less strenuous route", haha yeah not so much! It started out as a pleasant path having been cleared by a bull dozer, but after the first 1/2 mile it quickly turned into a narrow path with prickly pear on either side of the trail and poor signage. We'd spend some distance climbing and then have to make our way down rocky narrow paths, having to watch every step made for a long hike! Our end goal was a fern cave, seeing the red rock close up and making it back to the car before it got dark! All of which, thankfully, we did achieve.
Fully expecting to sleep hard after our busy day, turned out to not be the case, a crazy wind storm blew in and tried to blow us over all night! So, after a restless night we got up and did a short hike to a natural bridge, took us a while to find it, even passed it up and then had to come back, it was disguised as a cave from the top. Before heading to Palo Duro canyon sp, we grabbed 2 state park caches.
We are now 30 mins from pulling into our new campground, hope to do some more hikes and see some cool animals!

* you should be able to click on a photo you want to see larger, some of my photos are panoramas


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Gypsum. Gypsum.
Gypsum.

This pretty white stone was all over the dry creek beds and trails.
Fern caveFern cave
Fern cave

You could hear little water falls, it was so pretty!


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb